We believe your privacy is important. Kin Early Education Pty Ltd has developed a ‘Privacy and Confidentiality Policy’ that illustrates how we collect, use, disclose, manage and transfer personal information, including health information. This policy is available on request and is reviewed and updated to take account of new laws, technology and changes to our operations and practices. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time without prior notice.
To ensure ongoing funding and licensing, we required to comply with the requirements of privacy legislation in relation to the collection and use of personal information. We are bound by the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Victoria) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
Purpose for which information is collected and how it will be used
Kin Early Education Pty Ltd takes seriously its obligations when dealing with your personal information. We will collect, hold, and use that personal information for purposes associated with: providing early childhood education and care services; advocating for the well-being, protection and development of children; documenting children’s learning; managing children’s current or prospective enrolment; providing you with information about our organisation, services and activities via letters, email, SMS and other centre or organisation communication channels; and requesting information from you about our organisation and services via surveys.
The reasons for which we generally collect personal information are given below.
Personal information and health information collected in relation to Children and parents/guardians:
- To enable us to provide for the education and care of the child attending our service
- To manage and administer our service as required
- To keep Parents/Guardians/guardians informed about matters related to their child's care, through correspondence, newsletters and magazines; looking after child’s educational, social and medical well-being;
- To satisfy legal obligations and allow Kin Early Education Pty Ltd to discharge its duty of care.
- In the case that a request for personal information has been denied Kin Early Education Pty Ltd may not be able to enrol or continue the enrolment of the child.
Personal information and health information collected in relation to The Approved Provider if an individual, or members of the Committee of Management/Board if the Approved Provider is an organisation
- For the management of the service
- To comply with relevant legislation requirements
Personal information and health information collected in relation to Job applicants, employees, contractors, volunteers and students
- To assess and (if necessary) to engage employees, contractors, volunteers or students
- To administer the individual’s employment, contracts or placement of students and volunteers
- For insurance purposes
- To satisfy the companies legal obligations
Disclosure of personal information, including health information
Some personal information, including health information and sensitive information, held about an individual may be disclosed to:
- Government departments or agencies, as part of our legal and funding obligations
- Local government authorities, for planning purposes
- Organisations providing services related to employee entitlements and employment
- Insurance providers, in relation to specific claims or for obtaining cover
- Law enforcement agencies
- Health organisations and/or families in circumstances where the person requires urgent medical assistance and is incapable of giving permission
- Anyone to whom the individual authorises us to disclose information.
- Child Protection agencies or family support agencies when we reasonably believe that a child is at risk of significant harm as required by our child protection procedure.
Treatment of Sensitive Information
In referring to ‘sensitive information’, we mean: information relating to a persons racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional or trade association membership, sexual preferences, criminal record and health information about an individual.
Sensitive information will be used and disclosed only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise, or the use or disclosure of the sensitive information is allowed by law.
Laws that require us to collect specific information
The Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011, Associations Incorporation Act 1981 and employment-related laws and agreements require us to collect specific information about individuals from time-to-time. Failure to provide the required information could affect:
- A child’s enrolment at the Centre
- A person’s employment with the Centre
- The ability to function as an incorporated association
Information Storage and Security
Personal information collected by Kin Early Education Pty Ltd will be stored securely in paper form or electronically at a our Early Learning centre and/or at our off site secure storage unit. Kin Early Education Pty Ltd may store, process or back-up your personal information on computer servers that are located overseas, including through third party service providers who assist us in operating our business. Only authorised employees from Kin Early Education Pty Ltd and third party service providers will have access to your information and this access will be structured in such a way as to ensure the use and disclosure as stated above. We will take reasonable steps to protect any personal information that we hold from unauthorised access, modification, misuse, loss and disclosure.
Access to information
Individuals about whom we hold personal or health information are able to gain access to this information in accordance with applicable legislation. However, there may be occasions when access is denied. The procedure for obtaining information is set out in our ‘Privacy and Confidentiality Policy, which is available on request.
For information on the ‘Privacy and Confidentiality Policy’, please refer to the copy available at the Centre or contact the Approved Provider/Nominated Supervisor.
For further information about the way in which we use your personal information please contact the Approved Provider at firstname.lastname@example.org